(Owner & Photographer)
I’m Rocelyn, a hopeless romantic and a dreamer. During my final year of college at Texas State University, while studying photography and graphic design, I attended a friend’s wedding. Prior to her wedding, I asked if it was okay to bring my camera, and shoot behind the scenes; Of course she said YES! As I secretly stalked their photographer, I remember that being the very moment I fell in love with the idea of wedding photography, and everything it embodied. I enjoyed seeing how the photographer interacted and captured all of the nuances associated with love shared between bride and groom. I then knew this was the kind of art I wanted to create.
The foundation of my business is to show love in all forms, create art, and lifelong friendships. I have been documenting weddings for over 10 years. It is my love and passion! I am excited that I get to share it with you and your family.
1. I have a Bachelor's in Graphic Design AND Photography and a Master’s in Business Administration
2. I am a FILIPINA (Kamusta Po!)
3. I am a mother to a 7 year old German Shepherd mix dog name Happ’e
4. I love movies, traveling, sports, food, cakes, laughs, jokes, my wonderful talented husband, my family, the SPURS, weddings and meeting new people
5. I am Weather Channel fanatic
6. I probably seen the entire FRIENDS series over 20 times
7. I am a Texas Longhorn fan by association – my other half is a Texas graduate BUT I bleed Maroon and Gold for my Texas State Bobcats (Eat 'Em Up, Cats!)
(Photographer & Blogger)
My name is Alexandra and I love being a wedding photographer. My love for photography was inherited from my grandfather and mother, I have been fascinated with taking pictures for as long as I can remember. It is a lifelong passion that I was lucky enough to be able to turn in to a career. Even after years of photographing weddings professionally, I still cry happy tears at every single one. I can’t help it, I love weddings!
1. I have two Bachelor’s degrees in Business from Texas A&M University. (Whoop!)
2. I am a mommy to two beautiful children, Samuel and Sophia.
3. I love my family, my amazing hubby, movies, reading, flowers, animals, and dark chocolate.
4. I have lived on 3 different continents and traveled to over 30 countries. I have a serious case of wanderlust that cannot be cured!
5. My secret talent is remembering song lyrics. The song can be 20 years old and I will still remember all the words!
You simply can't place a value on an experienced professional on a wedding. That is why your experience with us is one of our top priorities.
+ WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
We believe in QUALITY photography over QUANTITY photography which allows us to provide personalized attention to you on your special day. 90% of our work is wedding photography.
+ HOW MANY WEDDINGS DOES ARA PHOTOGRAPHY COVER IN A SINGLE DAY? (our million dollar question)
We only do ONE wedding each day. (1 wedding per weekend. 2-3 weddings a month and 30-ish weddings a year on average). This is the only way we can make sure that we provide our bride and groom all the attention and care each step of the way.
+ WHATS INCLUDED?
Every wedding collection includes: Assistance with finalizing your wedding day timeline + Wedding day photography coverage + Fully-edited high resolution images + Online image viewing gallery + Personal printing release
+ WHO ARE OUR IDEAL CLIENTS?
Our dream clients are the couples who appreciates photography. We LOVE what we do and our top priority is photography in itself. We want to be able to collaborate with you (and be your new best friends). If this is you let us help you start your new heirloom.
+ HOW CAN MY PHOTOS LOOK GREAT?
We provide the skill, talent, expertise and professional gear, but you ultimately make the picture. We encourage all our clients to relax, have fun, enjoy the moments, be in love with your bride or groom and leave the rest to us. Have fun and be yourself.
+ HOW LONG BEFORE THE WEDDING SHOULD I BOOK MY PHOTOGRAPHER?
At least 6-9 months in advance. We prefer to not book an event more than 12+ months out.
+ DOES ARA PHOTOGRAPHY ALSO DO VIDEO COVERAGE?
Sorry, we don’t. Photography in itself requires constant focus and a full amount of resources already just to make sure that we provide the best possible service to our bride and groom. We can definitely recommend some of the best videographers in the business.
+ DO YOU NEED A MEAL AT OUR RECEPTION?
We do ask for some nourishment too! Yes, we would love a meal. Hot or cold, we will be thankful! Our only request is that the venue knows we need to eat at the same time you are eating so we are able to continue your coverage as your night proceeds.
+ DOES SALES TAX APPLY TO US?
Yes! if you reside and are getting married in Texas, we are required by the state to charge sales tax.
+ WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
We prefer cash or checks but we also accept all major credit cards.
+ HOW ABOUT DESTINATION WEDDING?
Yes we do!!! Send us an email and let’s talk about Destination Wedding!. We are passport ready!
+ PORTRAIT SESSIONS?
We only take few portrait sessions due to the workload of shooting a full wedding and we recommend at least 3 months advance booking for our portrait sessions. For the holiday sessions we start booking around early September and senior sessions around February.